Frequently Asked Questions
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Look young and beautiful the natural way
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), administered by micro-needle or injection to use your body’s own own growth factors found in the lining of your platelets to restore and rejuvenate skin cells. This technique uses concentrated platelets with a high amount of growth factors to initiate and promote tissue repair in order to reveal younger-looking skin. PRP therapy can be used for the face, body, as well as scalp.
• Restore youthful skin
• Smooth fine lines and wrinkle
• Promote hair growth
• Improve acne scars and stretch marks
• Volumize tissue without fillers
• Improve skin texture and tone
• A completely natural approach
• Blood is collected from the patient and processed
• The blood is rotated rapidly to separate blood components.
• Platelets now separated from the blood are prepared for topical application and injection into the scalp.
• Prior to the actual applicatplatelet-richet-rich plasma, a micro-needling device is used on the scalp to stimulate the scalp’s dermis.
The length of your PRP treatment depends on the extent of hair loss but generally takes 1-2 hours.Schedule Your Appointment Today
What is PRP Therapy?
Inside your blood are platelets that are used to heal your body when injured. With the use of platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy, we are able to formulate a high concentration of platelets that stimulate stem cells resulting in revitalized skin tissue. This therapy can be used to improve skin texture, add volume, promote hair growth, and improve the appearance of scars.
What can PRP do for hair loss?
PRP therapy can also be used to stimulate hair follicles to treat common baldness in males and females. The PRP is injected into the scalp after local anesthesia to minimize any discomfort. With the heavily concentrated platelets, the goal is to stimulate hair follicles using your body’s own natural wound healing mechanism. Come see us for a consultation today!
What is the PRP therapy like?
Your provider will draw a small vial of blood similar to when you receive blood work. The vial of blood is then processed to separate the concentration of platelets and growth factors from the rest of the blood. Your trained medical provider will then inject with a very small needle into targeted areas.
When will I see results?
Most patients will get great results over a course of three treatments spaced 1 month apart. However, most patients see great improvement after their initial treatment. Results vary for each individual patient.